Join us in Budapest for the 5th International Conference on Biosystems and Food Engineering.
The Department of Food Measurement and Process Control and Department of Food Process Engineering of Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Institute of Food Science and Technology in collaboration with Agro- and Biosystems Engineering Research Committee of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences warmly invite you to participate in the 5th International Conference on Biosystems and Food Engineering in Budapest, Hungary to be held on 9th June, 2023.
The topics of the conference are the novelties and new scientific applications in food science and technology focusing on food engineering.
We warmly welcome your participation and we are looking forward to see you in Budapest!
- Prof. Dr. Günter Esper - University of Applied Science, Fulda, Germany
- Prof. Dr. József Felföldi - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. Lajos Helyes - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. Zuzana Hlavacova - Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Faculty of Engineering, Slovakia
- Prof. Dr. Gábor Keszthelyi-Szabó - University of Szeged, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Process Engineering, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. Frencesco Marra - University of Salerno, Department of Industrial Engineering, Salerno, Italy
- Prof. Dr. Gyula Vatai - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. habil. Manuela Zude - Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB), Potsdam, Germany
- Prof. Dr. László Baranyai - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Szilvia Bánvölgyi - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Tímea Kaszab - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Katalin Klosz - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. Zoltán Kovács - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Tamás Zsom - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Viktória Zsom-Muha - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary (Secretary)
- 31 March 11 April, 2023 : Registration and abstract submission. * UPDATED! *
- 15 May, 2023 : Payment of registration fee
- 15 May, 2023 : Full paper submission
The online registration is open. Please fill the registration form and submit. Abstracts are maximum 200 words.
- Registration fee (personal attendance): €150
- Special price for students: €100
- Registration fee (online attendance): €50
Registration covers electronic publication of conference full papers, buffet during the conference and the lunch.
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations are invited on the conference topics and should be uploaded to the registration form.
Please inform us about your choice of conference contribution (oral or poster presentation) during registration.
Oral presentation guidelines
A 20 minute time period is allocated for each presentation. Each oral presentation is to be 15 minutes long. There will be 5 minutes for questions and discussion after each presentation.
Participants of the conference will vote for the best oral presentation for awards.
Poster presentation guidelines
Poster size is 60 cm width x 84 cm high (A/1) (“portrait” orientation). The poster section will be held during the two, 30 minutes long Coffee break. A special panel of judges will review posters submitted and will select the best posters for awards. Uploaded posters will be available on the website in PDF format, if any.
Full paper publication
Conference publications are welcome according to the layout and format instructions of the conference. Instructions for authors is available for download as PDF file.
Selected papers will be invited for publication in the Progress in Agricultural Engineering Sciences (Scopus indexed Q-ranked) scientific journal.
Full paper upload link: https://onlinekutatas.szie.hu/index.php/844996?lang=en
- Lurdy Mall and Event Center
- Address: H-1097 Budapest Könyves Kálmán krt.12-14., Hungary
- The event will take place in the upper floor Conference Hall.
The building is located at conjunction of Könyves Kálmán körút (Boulevard) and Mester utca (Street), hence it is easy to approach with car from the main communication roads. Motorists are welcomed with spacious open car park next to the building, and a garage as well. Free parking is available in the open car park.
- 08:30-09:00 Registration
- 09:00-09:05 Conference opening
- Session I - Chariperson: Dr. Zoltán Kókai
- 09:05-09:25 # Arbenita Hasani Rexhepi, Muhamet Zogaj, Kaltrina Berisha, Endrit Hasani, Zoltan Kovacs: The role of honey’s botanical and geographical origin in its concentrations of macro and micro minerals
- 09:25-09:45 # Adrienn Varga-Tóth, Tamás Csurka; Karina Hidas; Majd Elayan; Munkhnasan Enkhbold; Anikó Boros; Csaba Németh: Development of an egg white based semi-hard cheese replacement: the investigation of techno-functional attributes
- 09:45-10:05 # Meltem Boylu, Géza Hitka, György Kenesei: Effect of alternative pre-treatments and fermentation on quality characteristics of oyster mushrooms
- 10:05-10:25 # Efaishe Tweuhanga Angaleni Kavela, Mónika Máté, Lilla Szalóki-Dorkó: The effectiveness of selected solvents and parameters for extraction of polyphenols from chokeberry pomace
- 10:25-10:55 Poster session – Coffee break
- Session II - Chariperson: Dr. Eszter Kálmán-Tuboly
- 10:55-11:15 # Zulkarnain Abdul Hannan Bin, Zoltán Kókai, Attila Gere: Comparison of traditional and virtual reality sensory testing
- 11:15-11:35 # Bence Tarr, Szabó István, Tőzsér János: Estimation of important milk constituents from milk samples using artificial intelligence
- 11:35-11:55 # Stefan Savo Micevic, Erika Bujna, Nguyen Duc Quang: Screening of filamentous fungi strains for L-asparaginase activity
- 11:55-12:15 # Luziana Hoxha, Malollari, I.: Experimental study on figs sun-drying: a traditional renewable, cheap and environmentaly friendly technique
- 12:15-12:35 # Attila Csighy, Moh Moh Zin, Adrienn Tóth, Szilvia Bánvölgyi, Krisztina Takács, András Koris, Arijit Nath: Beetroot Juice fortified Stirred Type of Yogurt from Enzyme hydrolyzed milk – Antioxidant, Casein antigenicity and Color perspectives
- 12:35-13:35 Lunch break
- Session III - Chariperson: Dr. Francesco Marra
- 13:35-13:55 # Mukaddes Kılıç Bayraktar and İlkay Buran: Health Benefits of Lactarius delicious Type Mushroom and Its Use in Functional Products
- 13:55-14:15 # Jagoda Szafrańska, B., Sołowiej, M. Nastaj: Testing different fibres as a replacement of typical hydrocolloids in innovative food product formulation
- 14:15-14:35 # Janez Cerez: Why measured osmolality of alcoholic beverages does not reflect their true tonicity and how better estimate of their effective osmolality might be obtained
- 14:35-14:55 # Maciej Nastaj, Sołowiej,B., Szafrańska, J.,Terpiłowski, K., Kucia, W., Tomasevic, I.B., Peréz-Huertas, S.: The development and physical properties of high-protein, sugar-free macarons obtained from whey protein isolate and erythritol
- 14:55-15:15 # Abena Boakye, Faustina Dufie Wireko-Manu, Ibok Oduro, William Otoo Ellis, María Gudjónsdóttir and Ioannis S. Chronakis: Development of Consumer-Acceptable Ready-to-Prepare Complementary Porridge Blend from Cocoyam (Xanthosoma sagittifolium)
- 15:15-15:45 Poster session – Coffee break
- Session IV - Chariperson: Dr. Zoltán Kovács
- 15:45-16:05 # Dr. Bartosz Sołowiej, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Vice-Rector for Science and International Cooperation: Food Quality in Digital Age
- 16:05-16:25 # Dr. Zsuszanna Tarr: EUDRES European University Alliance at MATE
- 16:25-16:45 # EUDRES I Living Lab Mini Showdown
- 16:45-17:00 # Tamas Zsom: Conference Quiz (join with Kahoot)
- 17:00-17:05 Announcement of the Best Poster Presentation Award and Best Oral Presentation Award, Conference closing
Vote for the best oral presentation online.
- E515 Sandrina B. Moreria, Adrienn Varga-Tóth: A cocreation method on healthy lifestyle for youngsters – some cooperative results on three semester’s cocreation
- E516 Ákos Kilin, Cs., Kohári-Farkas, V., N., Ha Vu, G., Laszlovszky, N., D., Quang: Biodegradation modelling of polylactic acid-based biopolymer by Thermobifida consortium
- E517 Anisa Peculi; Alketa Shehaj; Onejda Kycyk, Fatbardha Lamce, Xhensila Luzi, Anxhela Naka: The effect of different roasting degrees in bioactive compounds content in coffee beans
- E518 Areej Alsobh, Gyula Vatai, Szilvia Bánvölgyi: Evaluation of Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Membranes in Concentration of Hawthorn Fruit and Anise Seed Extract
- E520 V. Farkas, R. Zelkó, P. Gordon, Z. Kovács, B. Kállai-Szabó: Whole cricket powder as a sustainable protein binder in pancake baking
- E521 Bázár György, Éles Viktória, Hingyi Hajnalka, Csavajda Éva, Tóth Tamás, Gillay Zoltán, Kovács Zoltán, Gillay Bíborka, Ajtony Zsolt, Lakatos Erika, Teodorescu Răzvan, Barbulescu Iuliana-Diana: Detection of some wine flaws with rapid correlative analytical methods – preliminary results
- E523 Blerta, Mehmedi,. Rreze, M, Gecaj,. Curtis, R, Youngs,. Taulant, Kastrati,. Armend, Cana,. Behlul, Behluli: Antibiotic residue in raw milk collected from collection points and marketplaces in Peja region
- E522 Csenge Madácsi, Barabara Biró, Tamás Somogyi and Viktória Zsom-Muha: Investigation of soaking juice produced by ultrasound-assisted soaking of chickpeas
- E524 Dorina Szakál, Orsolya Fehér and Attila Gere: Information content of front-of-pack nutrition label. Case study with breakfast cereals
- E525 Chaimae El Hathat, Judit Kosztik, Ildikó Bata-Vidács: Isolation of lactic acid bacteria from faeces of pigs and their antagonistic effects on the growth of toxin producing aspergillus flavus strains
- E526 Arbenita Hasani, Ardona Morina, Endrit Hasani: Color intensity and carotenoids contents of different honey’s botanical origin
- E527 Fanni Zakariás, Belma Bajramović, Zaher Almoheb, István Dalmadi, Gabriella Kiskó: Investigation of injured cells due to minimal processing
- E528 Faraja Deo Gonelimali, Beatrix Szabó-Nótin, Mónika Máté: Resin purification of polyphenols from the crude extracts of apple pomace for potential use as natural food additives
- E529 Firas Alarawi, Botond Süli, Erika Bujna, Olivia Csernus, László Friedrich, Quang D. Nguyen: Effect of pH and temperature on the hydrolytic activities of some commercial endo-proteinases
- E530 G. Szabó, Zs. Horváth-Mezőfi, Z. Sasvár, M. Göb, L.L.P. Nguyen, T. Zsom, G. Hitka: Variation of the gas diffusion rate by changing the microperforation area of the packaging foil in modified atmosphere packaging
- E531 G. Sipiczki, E. Bujna: Effect of agitation speeds on lipase production by Yarrowia yeasts
- E532 Mónika Göb, Zoltán Sasvár, Zsuzsanna Horváth-Mezőfi, Gergő Szabó, Lien Le Phuong Nguyen, Tamás Zsom, Géza Hitka: Effect of Argon gas on sliced iceberg lettuce during storage
- E533 Nguyen Le Phuong Lien, Ha Thi Thanh Nga, Mac Xuan Hoa, Hitka Géza, Zsom Tamás: Effect of maturity stages and 1-MCP on postharvest quality of apricot
- E534 Nga Thi Thanh Ha, Thanh Tung Pham, Hoa Xuan Mac, Lien Le Phuong Nguyen, Quang Duc Nguyen, László Ferenc Friedrich, Adrienn Tóth and Csaba Németh: Effects of cold storage on the freshness of egg and microcracks of eggshell
- E535 Zsuzsanna Horváth-Mezőfi, Gergő Szabó, Mónika Göb, Zoltán Sasvár, Lien Le Phuong Nguyen, Koppány Majzinger, Géza Hitka, Tamás Zsom: Effect of 1-MCP treatment on tomato photosynthetic chlorophyll activity during storage
- E536 Elena Kokthi, Arbenita Hasani and Iliriana Miftari: Fast food consumption among Albanian adolescents
- E537 J. Mihalkó, B. Erdei, T. Kulcsár, E. Szőke-Trenyik, B. P. Szabó, G. Zsarnóczay, L. F. Friedrich: Comparative analysis of Bologna sausages made from turkey meat raw material
- E538 Juan Pablo Aguinaga Bósquez, Chiamaka Adinnu, Zoltan Gillay, Zoltan Kovacs: Development of climate chambers for the monitoring of the growing process of sunflower sprouts under temperature and humidity stressing factors using NIRS
- E539 Kálmán Botond Süli, Erika Bujna, Firas Alarawi, Quang D. Nguyen: Antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of fermented proteins by different lactic acid bacteria strains
- E540 Hidas, K. I., Sakpan, A., Nyulas-Zeke, I. Cs., Varga-Tóth, A., Visy, A., Elayan, M., Németh, Cs.: Study of the effect of lipase enzyme preparations on the rheological changes of liquid whole egg during freezing
- E541 Abdisa, K.B., A. Csighy, E. Szerdahelyi, A. Koris, A. Nath: Bovine milk protein-derived peptides and Metabolic syndrome
- E542 Klotilda Marku, Renata Kongoli: Quality assessment of alcoholic distillates produced and marketed in Albania.
- E543 Hristovski, K., Bujna, E., Nguyen, Q.D.: Optimisation of fermentation parameters and cell disruption methods for production of intracellular β-Galactosidase by probiotic Limosilactobacillus fermentum LF08 bacterium
- E544 Divéky-Ertsey, A., Csambalik, L., Deák, A., Zsom-Muha, V.: Changes in the physical parameters of organic and conventional carrots during household storage
- E545 Lukács M., Vasné Hűvös É., Kovács Z.: The feasibility of an electronic tongue coupled with chemometrics in the taste-masking of polyphenolic dietary supplements
- E546 X.H. Mac, T.T.N. Ha, T.T. Pham, L.P.L. Nguyen and L. Baranyai: A novel approach for determining coconut drink adulteration by means of laser-light backscattering imaging
- E547 Regis, Maj, Ramirez Maj, Geösel, A.: Mushroom powder as potential additive to a nutrient-dense food for humanitarian emergencies: a review
- E548 Mohammed Omer Mustafa, Zita Magdolna Szalai, László Csambalik: Assessment of the Nutritional Parameters of Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) Genotypes Under Hedgerow Conditions, preliminary study
- E549 Munkhnasan Enkhbold, Attila Lőrincz, Majd Elayan, László Friedrich, Attila Solymosi, Balázs Wieszt, Jáni Kornél, Adrienn Tóth: Comparison of the effect of organic acid mixture on quality parameters of red deer and beef
- E550 de Jonge, N., T., Kaszab, K. Badak-Kerti: Physical properties of different nut butters
- E551 O. Haykir, G. Mathijssen, R. Forrez: Food Safety and Quality Assessment of an Automated Vending Machine for Smoothies-A Case Study
- E552 Patrícia Erdei-Tombor, Mouki Abel Mwiwi, Csaba Hős, Tamás Huzsvár, Gabriella Kiskó, Andrea Taczman-Brückner: Biofilm formation on model surfaces of drinking water distribution system
- E553 S. Kassebi, P. Korzenszky: Effects of Room Temperature Storage on Color and Weight of Golden Delicious Apples
- E554 Thanh Tung Pham, Zinabu Hailu Siyum, Lien Le Phuong Nguyen, László Baranyai: Assessment of the Quality of Green Asparagus (Asparagus officinali L.) Treated by Cassava Starch-Based Coating using Laser Scattering
- E555 Kumar, P., Székely, D., Szalóki-Dorkó, L., Keresztúri, J., Máté M: Phenolic profile, color parameters and antioxidant activity of walnut kernel extracts as influenced by different time and temperature during extraction
- E556 Reem Mourad, Isam Aljanabi, Barbara Csehi, Erika Bujna: Development of a non-dairy Probiotics drink from egg white-based product mixed with different fruit juices
- E557 Reem Mourad, Barbara Csehi, László Friedrich, Quang Duc Nguyen, Erika Bujna: Studying the shelf-life of probiotics fermented egg white drink using prebiotics
- E558 R. Végh, M. Csóka, L. Sipos: Antioxidant-rich fruit powders as potential functional ingredients in white chocolates
- E559 Hasani, A., Gecaj, RM.: Listeria monocytogenes occurrence in Kosovo cheese samples
- E560 Aliu H., Gecaj RM., Kumru S., Balta ZD., Balta F.: Clostridium botulinum occurrence in Kosovo honey samples
- E561 Homolya, Sz., Badakné, K. K., Vozáry, E., Kaszab, T., Lambertné, M. A.: Preliminary experiments for the rheological study of oleogels
- E562 Somogyi, T.; Vozáry, E; Zsomné Muha, V.: Variation of electrical impedance parameters during the soaking of dry crops
- E563 Kaszab, T., S., Hartai, A. Lambert-Meretei, É. Stefanovits-Bányai: Physical and chemical analysis of gluten-free pasta enriched with pumpkin-, flax- and grapeseed flour
- E564 Gurazi, V., Dalanaj, N., Troja, R., Lulollari, S.: The Influence of Altitude on Yeast Biodiversity and Characterization in Albanian Endemic Decorative Plants
- E565 Vi N.H. Vu, Csilla Kohári-Farkas, Vijai Kumar Gupta, Quang D. Nguyen: Effect of the environmental factors on biological pretreatment using microbial consortium
- E566 Weizhe Sun, Erika Bujna, László Friedrich, Quang D. Nguyen: Stability of fermented and fortified apple juices by protein microencapsulated Lactiplantibacillus plantarum 299v during storage
- E567 Yllka Visoka, Mariem Majadi, Rreze M Gecaj, Kovács Zoltán: Assessing the Viability of Near Infrared Spectroscopy for Classifying Goat Milk Samples Based on Breed, Lactation Period and Sampling Period
- E568 Zehua Huang,Ying Liu, Zhexin Hu, Zoltan Kovacs: Research Progress on Texture and Color of Plant-Based Meat Analogues: Raw Material Suitability, Texture Improvement, and Color Biomimetics
- E569 Z.H. Siyum, T.P. Thanh, L.P. Nguyen, L. Baranyai: Non-destructive monitoring of asparagus (Asparagus officinalis, L) quality changes during storage using NIR spectroscopy
- E570 Zoltán Sasvár, Zsuzsanna Horváth-Mezőfi, Gergő Szabó, Mónika Göb, Lien Le Phuong Nguyen, Koppány Majzinger, Tamás Zsom, Géza Hitka: Effect of 1-MCP preharvest treatment on apple quality characteristics at harvest time and during storage
- E571 Bimpong Donald, Amponsah Adofowaa Lois, Agyeman Ama, Zaukuu* John-Lewis Zinia, Boakye Abena, Oduro Nsa Ibok and Ellis William Otoo: Authenticating peanut butter and yoghurt in the kumasi metropolis of ghana using near-infrared spectroscopy
- E573 Maira Leščevica, Dalma Radványi, Alexandra Anderluh, Pamela Nolz, Sarah De Coninck, Sergiu Valentin Galatanu, Alexandros Xafis, Zahra Mesbahi: Circular Economy in action: where changes in thinking and attitude start
- E574 Krisztina Borsos, Gábor Rácz, Hárs Lilla, Gábor Lakner: Development of modular water treatment equipment based on MBR technology for the treatment of meat processing industry wastewater
- E575 Eszter Vozáry, Bíborka Gillay: Effect of weight loss on the electrical impedance parameters of lettuce and ice lettuce stored at room temperature
- E576 Jamilya Nurgazina, Pamela Nolz, Thomas Felberbauer: EDEN: aquaponics-based sustainable food production
- E577 Lueji Regatieri Santos, Juan Pablo Aguinaga Bosquez, György Bázár, Zoltan Kovacs: Optimization of the Measurement Parameters of the Electronic Tongue for the Classification of Different Fat Content Trappist Cheese
- E578 Flora Vitalis, Juan-Pablo Aguinaga Bósquez, Marietta Fodor, Viktória Zsom-Muha, Zoltan Gillay, Zoltan Kovacs: Near infrared spectroscopy-based modelling for the non-destructive assessment of cherry ripeness
- E579 Majd Elayan, Csaba Németh, Munkhnasan Enkhbold, László Friedrich, Boros Anikó, Adrienn Tóth: The effect of adding essential oils to liquid whole egg chemical and physical properties
- E580 Jakab, I.: Chemical properties and nutritional factors of 5 different pressed-cakes
- E590 Zhexin Hu, Sijin Gao, Hui Jin, Shuchang Li, Chuanshun Ren, Qiong Luo, Hongzhou An, Zehua Huang: Effects of Barley β-Glucan on Quality Characteristics of Twin-Screw Extruded Rice Noodles