Join us in Budapest for the 4th International Conference on Biosystems and Food Engineering.
The Department of Measurements and Process Control and Department of Food Engineering of Szent István University (from February 2021 Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences), Institute of Food Science in collaboration with Agro- and Biosystems Engineering Research Committee of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, supported by the European Union and co-financed by the European Social Fund, warmly invite you to participate in the 4th International Conference on Biosystems and Food Engineering in Budapest, Hungary to be held on 4th June, 2021.
The topics of the conference are the novelties and new scientific applications in food science and technology focusing on food engineering.
We warmly welcome your participation and we are looking forward to see you in Budapest!
- Prof. Dr. Günter Esper - University of Applied Science, Fulda, Germany
- Prof. Dr. József Felföldi - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. Lajos Helyes - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. Zuzana Hlavacova - Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Faculty of Engineering, Slovakia
- Prof. Dr. Gábor Keszthelyi-Szabó - University of Szeged, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Process Engineering, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. Frencesco Marra - University of Salerno, Department of Industrial Engineering, Salerno, Italy
- Prof. Dr. Gyula Vatai - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Prof. Dr. habil. Manuela Zude - Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB), Potsdam, Germany
- Prof. Dr. László Baranyai - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Szilvia Bánvölgyi - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Tamás Henis - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Tímea Kaszab - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Zoltán Kovács - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Zoltán A. Kovács - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Tamás Zsom - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Dr. Viktória Zsom-Muha - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary (Secretary)
- 31 March, 2021 : Registration and abstract submission.
- 05 May, 2021 : Full paper submission. *** UPDATED ***
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations are invited on the conference topics and should be uploaded to the registration form. Abstracts shall be no longer than 2000 letters.
Please inform us about your choice of conference contribution (oral or poster presentation) during registration.
Oral presentation guidelines
A 20 minute time period is allocated for each presentation. Each oral presentation is to be 15 minutes long. There will be 5 minutes for questions and discussion after each presentation.
Participants of the conference will vote for the best oral presentation for awards.
Poster presentation guidelines
Poster size is 60 cm width x 84 cm high (A/1) (“portrait” position). The poster section will be held during the two, 30 minutes long Coffee break. A special panel of judges will review posters submitted and will select the best posters for awards.
Conference publications are welcome in maximum 8 pages according to the layout and format instructions of the conference. See Instructions for Authors (PDF).
Selected papers will be published in Progress in Agricultural Engineering Sciences (Scopus indexed Q-ranked) in one of the journals of Hungarian Academy of Science.
The building is located at conjunction of Könyves Kálmán körút (Boulevard) and Mester utca (Street), hence it is easy to approach with car from the main communication roads. Motorists are welcomed with spacious open car park next to the building, and a garage as well. Free parking is available in the open car park.
- 08:30-09:00 Registration
- 09:00-09:05 Conference opening
- Session I - Chairperson: Dr. Zoltán Kókai
- 09:05-09:25 # Anna Júlia Éliás; Réka Juhász; Lívia Hajas; Csilla Benedek: In vitro study of the nutritional characteristics of different gluten-free, lentil-based biscuits
- 09:25-09:45 # Elena Kokthi; Drita Kruja; Fatmir Guri; Oltjana Zoto: Is it Safe to Eat Locally? An Empirical Research on Albanian Consumers
- 09:45-10:05 # Judit Tormási; László Abrankó: Co-consumption of broccoli alters the fat bioaccessibility in baked cap meal. An in vitro study
- 10:05-10:25 # Arijit Nath; Abubakar Saleh Ahmad; Munkhnasan Enkhbold; Szilvia Bánvölgyi; Márta Üveges; Emőke Szerdahelyi; Krisztina Takács; Zsuzsanna Mednyánszky; Barbara Csehi; András Koris; Gyula Vatai: Antioxidant and Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitory Peptides from Soybean milk protein by Papain and Trypsin
- 10:25-10:55 Poster session – Coffee break
- Session II - Chairperson: Dr. Zoltán Kovács
- 10:55-11:15 # Márton István; Zoltán Kókai: The applicability of Napping in the analysis of fermented foods and beverages
- 11:15-11:35 # Dorottya Krisztina Vajdovich; Zsanett Bodor; Csilla Benedek dr.: Investigation of pseudo-cereal-based beverages enriched with antioxidants, protein and fibre
- 11:35-11:55 # Luziana Hoxha; Renata Kongoli: Comparison of drying and jam processing of jujube (ZIZIPHUS JUJUBA L.) fruit, and storage effects on quality parameters, sensorial characteristics, and antioxidant potential
- 11:55-12:15 # Anna Pocsai; Pablo J. Arauzo; Andrea Kruse: Synthesis of Lactic Acid by Alkaline Hydrothermal Conversion
- 12:15-13:10 Lunch break
- 13:10-13:15 Announcement of the Best Poster Presentation Award
- Session III - Chairperson: Dr. László Abrankó
- 13:15-13:35 # Hadid Sukmana and Cecilia Hodur: Rice husk as a bio-adsorbent for ammonium removal
- 13:35-13:55 # Mercy Mukite Barasa; Arijit Nath; László Abrankó: Effect of Post Lactase Treatment on the Heat-induced Lactosylated Milk protein
- 13:55-14:15 # Bázár György; Yakubu Haruna Gado; Tóth Tamás: Food engineering at the farm level - improving food quality through feeding
- 14:15-14:35 # Yakubu Haruna Gado; Tóth Tamás; Tóthi Róbert; Worku Alemayehu; Bázár György: Feed-related quality differences of dairy products described with near-infrared spectroscopy and electronic nose
- 14:35-15:05 Poster session – Coffee break
- Session IV - Chairperson: Dr. Eszter Vozáry
- 15:05-15:25 # Nora Rrahimi Hasani; Gentian Hasani: Comparison of the use of ozone and chlorine as antimicrobial preparations in disinfection of eggshell for consumption on a farm in Kosovo
- 15:25-15:45 # Fernanda Pantoja; Zsuzsanna László: Ammonium removal from aqueous solution by using biochar produced from banana leaves
- 15:45-15:50 Conference Quiz powered by Kahoot
- 15:45-15:50 Best Oral Presentation link: vote here
- 15:50-16:00 Announcement of the Best Oral Presentation Award, Conference closing
- Manjola Kuliçi: Efficency of Scan Photo Technique in morphometric measurement at honeybees
- Péter Korzenszky, Salma Kassebi: Changes in physicochemical properties of golden delicious apples during storage
- Kristijan Hristovski ; Barnabás Tóth ; Erika Bujna ; Quang D. Nguyen: Screening and optimization of fermentation medium for β-galactosidase production from probiotic Lactobacillus strains
- Mohsen Mardanihosseinabadi ; Laszlo Somogyi ; Ildiko Szedljak ; Katalin Kerti Badakné: Determining the proper concentration of rosemary extract as a replacement to synthetic antioxidants during frying
- Anikó Kovács ; Lilla Körmendi ; Katalin Badakné Kerti: Palm oil substitution in hazelnut spread
- Anita Hencz ; László Baranyai ; Donatella Albanese: Detection of wine adulteration using NIR spectroscopy and diffuse reflectance
- Barbara Biró ; Attila Gere: Adaptation of the food choice questionnaire - Digitalization of the word association method
- Weizhe Sun ; Erika Bujna ; Quang Duc Nguyen: Stability of apple juice fermented and fortified by microencapsulated Lactobacillus plantarum 299V during storage
- Reem Mourad ; Barbara Csehi ; Csaba Németh ; Erika Bujna: Fermentation of egg white milk by probiotic bacteria
- Vi Vu, Csilla Farkas, Vijai Kumar Gupta, Quang D. Nguyen: Enhancement of cellulolytic enzyme production of lignocellulose during pretreatment of wheat bran by consortium Bacillus bacteria
- Donia Chaabane ; Asma Yakdhane ; Moh Moh Zin ; Arijit Nath ; András Koris ; Gyula Vatai: Microencapsulation of olive oil by spray drying using membrane emulsification
- Stefan Savo Micevic, ; Erika Bujna, ; Duc Quang Nguyen: L-asparaginase derived from Aspergillus niger
- Fatjona Fejzullahu ; Viktória Németh ; Tamás Frey ; Szilárd Kun: The impact of nutrients on yeast fermentation and Pálinka quality
- Dida Iserliyska ; Gabor Zsivanovits ; Maria Marudova: Study on the potential of Chia gel usage as a natural fat substitute in cake formulation
- Raul Kolinka ; Györgyné Kóczán ; Zoltán Kókai ; Anikó Kovács: Development of gluten free sourdough bakery product
- Toan Bao Nguyen ; Erika Bujna ; Quang Duc Nguyen: Shelf-life estimation of probioric fruit juice by using physicochemical change during storage
- Teng Cao, Zoltán Kovács, Márta Ladányi: Ultrafiltration-based enzyme recovery in the batch production of galacto-oligosaccharides
- Balázs Lemmer ; Dénes Daróczi ; Katalin Sziládi: Monitoring the organoleptic and physicochemical properties of salamis with paprika during shelf life
- Emna Ayari ; Csaba Németh ; Adrienn Tóth ; Noori Khabat ; László Friedrich: Effect of high hydrostatic pressure treatment on liquid whole egg with nisin and lysozyme
- Anna Visy ; Karina Ilona Hidas ; Annamária Barkó ; Lien Phuong Le Nguyen ; László Friedrich ; Gábor Jónás: Effect of wet-curing on physical properties and proteins of cured ham
- Judit Perjéssy ; Ferenc Hegyi ; Zsolt Zalán: Probiotication of fruit juices (orange, sour cherry, plum and black chokeberry juice) by lactic acid fermentation
- Kriselda Sulcaj Gura ; Elena Kokthi: Circular pathway influential factors in Albania through green products approximation
- Tamás Csurka, Fanni Szücs, Barbara Csehi, László Ferenc Friedrich, Klára Pásztor-Huszár: Substitution of milk allergen ingredient by blood plasma powder in custard with different sweetemers
- Éva Kovács ; Dorina Bohár ; Barbara Csehi: Konjac glucomannan based functional food development with collagen
- József, Mihalkó ; Lilla, Podmaniczky ; Ádám, Lőrincz ; Balázs, P. Szabó: Comparative analysis of individual effects of different heat treatments of turkey leg
- Eszter Somogyi ; Ágnes Kun ; János Lázár ; Péter Bodor-Pesti, Ágnes Diána Nyitrainé Sárdy: Quantitative analysis of the berry size in grapevine cultivar ’Italia’
- Moh Moh Zin ; Szilvia Bánvölgyi: Efficiency of Microwave Irradiation on Volarization of Beetroot (Beta vulgaris L.) Waste
- Abubakar Saleh Ahmad, ; Munkhnasan Enkhbold, ; Arijit Nath: Algae as an Alternative Protein Supplement
- Andrea Taczmanné Brückner ; József Felföldi ; Csilla Mohácsi-Farkas ; Csaba Németh ; Viktória Zsom-Muha: Determining sonication and low-heat combined effect on E. coli in liquid egg products and inspection of structural changes by Near-Infrared spectra
- Adrienn Tóth ; Csaba Németh ; István Dalmadi ; Attila Nagy ; László Friedrich: Effects of heat treatment parameters and fruit pulp concentration on pH and colour of an egg white based cottage cheese replacement product
- Gizella Sipiczki ; Olga Lúcia Kovács ; Erika Bujna: Production and stability of pigment by Yarrowia
- Faraja Gonleimali ; Mónika Stéger-Máté ; Beatrix Szabó-Nótin: Optimal Drying Conditions for Valorization of Industrial Apple Pomace: Potential Source of Food Bioactive Compounds
- Adrienn Tóth ; Csaba Németh ; Attila Nagy ; József Surányi ; László Friedrich: Investigation of colour properties and rheological behaviour of an apple juice flavoured egg white-based milk substitute
- Tuan M. Pham ; Weizhe Sun ; Erika Bujna ; Ágoston Hoschke ; Quang D. Nguyen: Application of response surface methodology for fermentation optimization of cherry by Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
- Vuong Duc Nguyen ; Lien Phuong Le Nguyen ; Mai Sao Dam: Quality of catfish fillet during storage
- Mazrreku Armela ; Malollari Ilirjan, ; Belinda Hoxha ; Marilda Osmani ; Xhaklina Cani ; Fation Hoxha ; Lorina Liçi: Available technologies and materials for waste cooking oil recycling to convert them into biodiesels
- Ouahab Riyad ; Csilla Farkas ; Quang D. Nguyen: Biological pre-treatment of wheat bran using a promising consortium of fungal strains
- Fatmir Guri ; Elena Kokthi: Recycling To Be Richer or Cleaner: Empirical Evidences from Albania
- Marilda Osmani ; Enkelejda Kucaj ; Belinda Hoxha ; Armela Mazrreku ; Julita Balla : Heavy metals in vegetables and potential risk for human health
- Karina Ilona Hidas ; Csaba Németh ; Lien Phuong Le Nguyen ; Anna Visy ; Adrienn Tóth ; László Friedrich ; Ildikó Csilla Nyulas-Zeke: Effect of different salt concentration on the physical properties of frozen thawed egg yolk
- Zsanett Bodor ; Zoltan Kovacs ; Csilla Benedek ; Hermann Behling: Origin identification of Hungarian chestnut and linden honey using NIR and melissopalynology
- Eszter Benes ; Marietta Fodor: Different aspects of non-destructive analysis of leaf teas
- Aniko Lambert-Meretei ; Eszter Vozary ; Timea Kaszab: Physical properties of raspberry and orange flavoured fruit syrups
- Tamás Csurka, Fanni Szücs, Barbara Csehi, László Ferenc Friedrich, Klára Pásztor-Huszár: Egg allergen ingredient substitution by blood plasma powder in sponge cake
- Areej Alsobh ; Gyula Vatai ; Szilvia Bánvölgyi: Recent developments in the application of membrane technologies for concentration of plants extracts
- Munkhnasan Enkhbold ; Abubakar Saleh Ahmad ; Arijit Nath: Application of algae in Cosmetics
- Mai Sao Dam ; Tamás Zsom ; Lien Le Phuong Nguyen ; Géza Hitka: Ozone treatment on cucumber and tomato during simulated retail storage
- Gábor Jónás ; Anna Visy ; László Friedrich: Effect of high hydrostatic pressure on microbiological, physicochemical and sensory parameters of Winter salami
- Juan Pablo Aguinaga Bósquez ; Zoltán Kovács ; Zoltán Gillay ; György Bázár ; Csaba Palkó ; Hajnalka Hingyi ; Éva Csavajda ; Márta Üveges ; Zsuzsanna Jókainé Szatura ; Diana Barbulescu ; Tamás Tóth: Classification of eggs from laying hens feeding different diets using e-Nose, e-Tongue and sensory evaluation
- Endrit Hasani ; Adrienn Tóth ; György Kenesei ; István Dalmadi: Comparison of the single step and double-step sous vide treatment in the quality attributes of chicken breast
- Zoltán Jákói ; Sándor Beszédes ; Cecilia Hodúr: Application of physicochemical pre-treatments for enhanced biogas yield from wastewater sludge
- Rita Végh ; Dorina Puter ; Áron Vaskó ; Mariann Csóka ; Zsuzsanna Mednyánszky: Chemical composition of Hungarian and foreign apicultural products
- Tamás Somogyi ; László Baranyai ; Tamás Zsom ; Viktória Zsom-Muha: Applicability of digital image processing for quality control of vegetable mixes
- Viktória Zsom-Muha ; Lien Phuong Le Nguyen ; László Baranyai ; Géza Hitka ; Tamás Zsom: An attempt to the nondestructive investigation of photo-induced potato postharvest quality degradation - preliminary results
- Gergely Zsolnay ; Csilla Benedek: Evaluation of antioxidant properties of microgreens grown under different conditions
- Luziana Hoxha ; Renata Kongoli ; Ibrahim Hoxha: Comparison of Anthocyanins Extracted with Different Solvents and Methods in Selected Berry Fruits with an Agro-industrial Potential
- the conference is supported by the European Union and co-financed by the European Social Fund (grant agreement no. EFOP-3.6.3-VEKOP-16-2017-00005), therefore the participation is free for participants with confirmed registration for oral or poster presentation.
- there is possibility of visitor registration, without presentation. These visitors are to pay 20,0000.- HUF registration fee.
Registration covers electronic publication of conference full papers, buffet during the conference and the lunch.
You can upload the full paper publication on your personbal registration page. You will receive automatic notification after registration.